Monday 23 April 2012

MG Exia Update 3

It's been a long time since i last updated, new semester just started so I'm now busy wif camps n school n stuff. So before this update, I have already primed and preshaded the parts. The pics shown later are the pics after preshading.

(P.S. Sorry for bad pic quality, all taken with phone! :P) 

Parts all shaded and painted!

Shaded blue tone (not very obvious)

The shaded red is very obvious as I tried using some leftover craft acrylic paint for this and it ended up a total failure...
1. The paint was too thin, I used 5 coats to get this shade...
2. The paint clogged up like nobody's business, 1st time I used it, I didn't know there was undissolved paint stuck right at the nozzle so when i pressed the trigger, guess what happened. Yes... the entire cap literally flew off the airbrush and my hands and all were all covered with paint...

The shaded white areas are personally, my favourite!

Parts all separated and prepared for panel washing! :D

Fully Assembled












 So these are the pics for the fully assembled model all coated with future in preparation for decaling, will take more photos and more poses after I have completed it. So basically, what's left is decaling and finally, a nice matte topcoat! Lesson learnt form this build, 1.NEVER use craft paint! 2. Shading is FUN!!! So stay tuned for the final post on this model after I have completed it! :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...